[wplug] found only one cpu in a dual cpus computer

Mike Kuentz (2) JunkEmail at rapidigm.com
Wed Sep 22 17:04:42 EDT 2004

I know you said RH9.0 but I found that when using Fedora Core 2 it will
only display info on 1 cpu by default.  If your display looks like this:

Cpu(s): 50.2% us,  0.3% sy,  0.0% ni, 47.8% id,  1.5% wa,  0.0% hi,
0.2% si

Hit the "1" key to split it out to look like:

 Cpu0 : 24.1% us, 10.9% sy,  0.0% ni, 53.1% id, 11.6% wa,  0.0% hi,
0.3% si
 Cpu1 : 99.7% us,  0.3% sy,  0.0% ni,  0.0% id,  0.0% wa,  0.0% hi,
0.0% si

There are some other options in top, just hit ? to find them.  You'll
want to write out your config to .toprc other wise you'll have to hit
that 1 key every time you fire up top.  To make sure whether it is top
or the system do:

cat /proc/cpuinfo

If you get back info on only 1 cpu it's the system.  If you get 2 then
it's probably top.

Mike