[wplug] fsck running in background?

Alexandros Papadopoulos apapadop at alumni.carnegiemellon.edu
Wed Sep 22 01:09:07 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 21 September 2004 23:14, John Harrold wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I was trying to access a drive that I auto mount (/dev/hdc1) but when
> I tried to access the mount point the terminal just sort of hung
> there. I connected through another terminal and noticed that fsck was
> running.

Did you have a look at /var/log/messages and dmesg? Since it's not a
boot partition, it sort of makes sence to boot and then fsck the
corrupt filesystems.

'pstree' might also give you a clue as to what started this process.
Somewhere in the system logs, there must be a logged error message
complaining about the filesystem. For a brute-force solution, try
perhaps something like
$ grep /dev/hdc1 /var/log/*

Cheers

-A