[wplug] Wireless cards and redhat..

Bryon Gill bgtrio at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 19 10:11:37 EDT 2004

Be careful.  D-Link has a number of cards that have the same model number but
different chipsets - a few of them can't be made to work even with ndiswrapper.
I used to have one and sold it to a windows user b/c I couldn't make it work.
(sigh)  I think it actually was a DWL-650.

Wireless is still a trouble spot for linux.  I've had to use the ndiswrapper
module for all the wireless G cards I've ever used under linux.  I had great
success with the linksys wpc-11 (an 802.11b card), it worked immediately under
Fedora 1- but if you want a G card I'm afraid it's not easy.

Ndiswrapper isn't too hard to set up, but it's not simple for the novice user
either.

Bryon