[wplug] Firefox 0.9.3

Brian W. Snyder brian at brianwsnyder.com
Fri Sep 17 09:01:31 EDT 2004

Brandon Kuczenski wrote:
>> Speaking from experience - don't load one realse on top of another -
>>very bad..
>>
>>Don
>

> Got burned by this last time, so I spent a few [frustrating] minutes
> looking for documentation saying it was or was not OK -- nothing.  SO I
> installed 1.0PR directly over 0.9.3 and it worked perfectly.  Copied all
> my plugins.  All I had to do was re-install googlebar for 1.0PR.  But
> then, I don't use any other extensions, so maybe I'm an anomaly.

What I did was rename the old firefox directory and then unpack and
install 1.0PR and then deleted the renamed directory. Install went
flawlessly; plugins work too. I must say that I've had no problems with
FF at all, and certainly not under Linux. FF works on the Win-doh's XP
machines at school just as well.

     Brian