[wplug] Linux/Unix Training

Chris Romano romano.chris at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 11:04:00 EDT 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 10:54:02 -0400 (EDT), J Aaron Farr <farra at apache.org> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Any suggestions on linux/unix training in the Pittsburgh area?
>
> We've got a team of programmers here mostly familiar with Windows and we
> want to give them some basic Unix/Linux training.  We're debating between
> internal informal training versus attending training classes from
> somewhere in the area.  Just wondering what other WPLUG'ers might
> recommend.

I think it depends.  Will you be using a specific Distro? RH, SUSE?
Do you want general linux training or specific to that distro?  If
specific and your using RH or SUSE, I would go to RH or Novell. I have
never attended any linux/unix training so I can not atest to this.  It
is just my opinion.  I am not sure which is better.  I think a blend
would be best.  Have them go to training then do a more "advanced"
in-house training to fill in the gaps.

Chris Romano