[wplug] apt-get remove?

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Tue Sep 14 03:30:54 EDT 2004

I just installed the sourceforge project "kuickshow" on Debian Testing
release ("Sarge").  I did this by entering "apt get install kuickshow".

I ran it, and it gave lots of warning messages and kept erroring.  So I
thought I would remove it.  I tried this by saying "apt-get remove
kuickshow"

Except that it told me it would remove three packages, including one
called 'kde', which didn't sound right at all, and (even more strangely)
that it would UPGRADE some 20 packages.

I told it to abort when asked.

I had just run an "apt-get update".. why would it download extra packages
when I was only asking to remove one recently-installed ones?

-Brandon