[wplug] [Slightly OT]-VMWare and Mulitple Heads

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Wed Sep 8 08:51:44 EDT 2004

	Don't be so sure - you're running in a 100% emulated hardware
environment - the OS only sees what the VM supplies it, and what the VM
supplies it is a very rudimentary video card.  AFAIK - there's no way to
get your actual hardware "seen" in VMWare - but all I deal with these
days is ESX server, still I have no reason to believe that the lesser
products would offer more functionality.  While I've never tested it, I
have no reason to believe that a VM will even see multiple video cards,
much less something high-zoot and multi-headed.....  Your co-worker is
likely stuck on Windoze.

Don