[wplug] Seeking advice (possibly OT)

Moshe Katz-Hyman moshe at temple.edu
Wed Oct 27 10:13:53 EDT 2004

I also love my iBook, i've got a 800 MHz G4, and with the monitor
spanning hack, it's great.  It is a little slow in places, but not
unbearable.  That being said, they just came out with like 1.25GHz G4
iBooks, so they are (as they say in Mac circles) teh Snappay!  As it is
with most things, more RAM is better, get at least a 512 Meg stick in
there, though it can take a Gig (expensive and not really necessary).

Whatever you do, get the AppleCare Protection plan within a year of
getting it, as extended warranties on complicated things like laptops
are essential.  It also adds to the resale value of the machine, since
AppleCare is transferable.  Apple also have a high resale value in
general, too, so that is something to think about.

The one downside to the iBooks (and Powerbooks these days) is that
accessing the HD is a pain in the ass (plus it voids the warranty), so
get the biggest HD you can afford from the get go.

MOshe
Moshe Katz-Hyman    |       Larry King: "What, Professor, puzzles you
the
moshe at temple.edu    |                   most? What do you think about
the
mokatz at gmail.com    |                   most?"
412-877-7522        |  Stephen Hawking: "Women."        -- LKL-W
12/25/99