[wplug] Upgrades and updates - was: SLES 9.0 questions

cdemarco at fastmail.fm cdemarco at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 26 23:23:40 EDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 11:01:32PM -0400, Robert E. Coutch wrote:

> Are the Gentoo, Debian  and BSD  folks  different?  Do they  issue a
> command and --POOF-- all their software is upgraded?   Or, do we all
> say at some point "It's time to move to the next/latest version"?

Gentoo users "emerge -u   world"  which recompiles everything  on  the
system  to the latest-stable version.

BSD  folks "make world" which updates  everything to the latest-stable
CVS versions.

I seem to recall Debian having something similar, but I can't remember
anymore how it worked.

--
% You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike.
Christopher DeMarco <cdemarco at fastmail.fm>