[wplug] Seeking advice (possibly OT)

Karlos Abel kgreat4 at connecttime.net
Tue Oct 26 21:42:35 EDT 2004

As my venerable Toshiba laptop is starting to lose pixels left and
right, I'm looking to purchase a new laptop.  I was wondering if anyone
out there has any recommendations.  I'll list a few criteria below.  If
this is OT/not in the scope of the list, I apologize, but will not turn
down any off-list replies.

Here's my wish list.

Moderately light. (<7 lbs)
P4 or decent Athlon/Athlon 64
Does not require hours of tweaking to have Linux play nicely.

My price range is $1,300 or less, but I can go higher if the laptop in
question is particularly sexy.

Thanks, and sorry if this is OT.

-- Karl

--
Karl Abel
DrBA Productions
kgreat4 at connecttime.net
www.voidship.net

"I think I'm better than all the people who are trying to reform me." -- Paul
Butterfield