[wplug] SLES 9.0 questions

Pecoraro, Chris Chris.Pecoraro at chp.edu
Mon Oct 25 11:52:36 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I'm a linux newbie, so forgive my silly questions.  We have SLES 9.0 on opteron dual 246 (SMP) (750 gig ATA, 8 gig ram) without the maintenance, and it's becoming almost impossible to keep up with the latest rpms.  Can I really maintain this server without a YAST or subscription, or am I kidding myself.  I can't even install Gimp or Firefox because I'm already missing newer libs!

Thanks in advance guys/girls

Chris Pecoraro
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE.  This e-mail and attachments (if any) are the sole property of Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise prohibited by law from disclosure or re-disclosure.  This information is intended solely for the individual(s) or entity(ies) to whom this e-mail or attachments are addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, you are prohibited from using, copying, saving or disclosing this information to anyone else.  Please destroy the message and any attachments immediately and notify the sender by return e-mail.  Thank you.