[wplug] Linux newbie

Embery, Nathan Nathan.Embery at crowncastle.com
Fri Oct 22 09:02:18 EDT 2004

FWIW, I totally agree... for a sys admin or power user.

I guess I should have posed my question like this:

Given the strides that mandrake, fedora, suse et al have made in making
Linux accessable to 'normal' people, is it *really* necessary to for us, as
established users, to tell people that they have to be able to edit obscure
text files, even if all they want to do is just surf the web?

Of course, there's value in me knowing how to do those things, but I'm paid
to know those things....

Also, I guess it depends on what one means by learning linux.

Nate