[wplug] ubuntu

joe at terrarum.net joe at terrarum.net
Thu Oct 21 12:02:21 EDT 2004

> So am I crazy or does this mean that the first user to sudo can set the
> password
> for root and erase everyone else from the sudoers list?
>
> Or does it only put the first user created into the sudoers list/something
> like that?

During install it only adds 1 user. My guess is that they assume the first
user will be the administrator of that computer. I have not added any
other users to my system so I dont know if the other users automatically
get added to the sudoers list.

If it does automatically add them though, then yes, if the first user has
not set a root password, the 2nd user can and lock everyone out.

-Joe