[wplug] Running Windows inside Linux

Robert E. Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Mon Oct 18 20:42:54 EDT 2004

I tried to do this using bochs.

I can't get past the install/setup screens for Win98, WinME or Win2000.

I tried to build qemu but ran into a lot of errors while building.
Someday when I have some free time (like that will ever happen) I'll give it
another shot.

I used VMWare in the past with good results but it's quite a bit more
expensive now.

WINE has never really worked out for running Windows programs on Linux (for
me) but its not an emulator.

I'm trying to set up a Windows 2000 emulation running a custom database client
app. via a Cisco VPN connection on a Linux box. Maybe I'm just asking for too
much.