[wplug] Running Windows inside Linux

Carl Benedict cbenedic at pittsburghtechs.com
Mon Oct 18 18:30:30 EDT 2004

I've run Windows 98SE and WinXP under linux via QEMU
(http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/).  The only catch I found was that
the WinXP product activation program would cause you to not be able to
log in.  I assume this is because I did not setup networking, but this
is not something I have ever seen on a "real" XP machine.  This could
probably be fixed via safe mode, but I wasn't that desperate to use
WinXP :D

My experiences with VMWare Workstation 4 were also positive.  The only
caveat is that it costs several hundred dollars and is non-GPL.

--
Carl Benedict
Pittsburgh Techs
cbenedic at pittsburghtechs.com