[wplug] mysql.h

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Mon Oct 18 15:47:41 EDT 2004

You shouldn't end up with a broken mysql-server by installing the mysql
client.  I haven't had that happen to me, anyway, but I've heard of
stranger things.  If you installed the mysql-server from Fedora Core 2
you can use yum to install the development headers.  Of course it wants
to install the mysql client and two perl modules with it.  These really
shouldn't interfere with your existing mysql server.

# yum install mysql-devel
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Base
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
..Dependencies resolved
I will do the following:
[install: mysql-devel 3.23.58-9.i386]
I will install/upgrade these to satisfy the dependencies:
[deps: perl-DBD-MySQL 2.9003-4.i386]
[deps: mysql 3.23.58-9.i386]
[deps: perl-DBI 1.40-4.i386]
Is this ok [y/N]: