[wplug] mysql.h

Jonathan S. Billings billings at negate.org
Sun Oct 17 21:38:52 EDT 2004

On Oct 17, 2004, at 3:29 PM, Robert L. Jeffries wrote:

> hello all,
> 	I've got a mysql book here and I'm trying to get code for a simple
> client to compile. The code asks for stdio.h, and mysql.h. The latter I
> found I don't have. Does it work to download the source tarball of
> mysql
> from MySQL's site, unpack it, and copy mysql.h into /usr/include/ ?

You shouldn't need to copy any header files into /usr/include.  You
should do the normal "make install" of the package to install it, and
then add the path to the mysql headers you just installed to your
makefile, or use -I.

However, if you already have mysql installed through your distro's
package system, you'll probably want to install the appropriate package
that includes the header files, rather than installing a whole new copy
of mysql.

Jonathan