[wplug] RPM question - How to make it use a newer lib file than it's expecting

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Thu Oct 14 17:14:31 EDT 2004

Sorry for the top posting - now on WebMail
if you look at the options for RPM you will find that you can actually direct it to install in locations other than those specified within the RPM itself.  Handy for this kind of thing - you can essentially put all the files into a readily accessible area then deal with them as you see fit.
FWIW - rpm has matured quite a bit, and there's a lot of cool stuff you can do with it.  Combined with apt/yum it's as good as anything out there.

Don