[wplug] Free Linux Basics Tutorial October 16, 2004

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Wed Oct 13 15:45:01 EDT 2004

Sometime in October Gary Morrow assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| Ok, I am using Mozilla for Mail.  I tried lynx on the
| Red Hat machine and got the same thing.
|
| I just tried accessing it using Netscape from an SGI and
| got the text but now the nice picture of Tux is gone!
| Using Lynx on SGI also gets text w/no Tux.
|
| Finally, using Konqueror on Red Hat I get the correct
| document.  Horay!
|
| Are my configurations (3 different browsers, 2 different
| machines) screwed up?

Screwy proxy server? Is it possible you're using a proxy server and proxy
server is munching the  data. I could then presume that Konqueror wasn't
configured to use the proxy server because it's not used that often?

Just a thought.

FWIW, it works fine form me using wget.

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E