[wplug] Windows Password hacking

Richard Farina r.farina at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 9 20:13:11 EDT 2004

I know, I know, a horrible topic for a linux mailing list, but I need some
help.

I have this idea, seems brilliant to me, to make the single best windows
(yes and the math can be used for other passwords as well) cracker.  First
I need to do a little research and I'm wondering how many possible
combinations of characters do you get with a 32 digit hexadecimal hash?

Second, generate all possible hashes.

Run some cracker over the possible hashes and generate a file that has the
solution to every possible hash.
Write simple lookup routine to solve all passwords instantly.

I have the spare cpu cycles to do this, but not the programming backround.

This is a variant of the time vs cpu trade off routine implimented in
"Rainbow Crack".

This would be an indispensible tool for recovering passwords and for some
reason, no one has implimented it.
Full credit to the programmer who helps me.  thanks.

-Rick Farina