[wplug] Samba PDC not saving profiles

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Sat Oct 9 09:58:34 EDT 2004

Sometime in October Jeremey Wise assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| I have not personally used profiles and I would think this would not
| effect a user saving profile definitions. Can you post you
| whole /etc/samba/smb.conf file. I can fire up a VM and try it.

sure, here you go:
<smb.conf>

[global]
    security            = user
	workgroup           = MYDOMAIN
	server string       =
	encrypt passwords   = true
	update encrypted    = Yes
	log file            = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	max log size        = 50
	dns proxy           = No
	hosts allow         = .pg 192.168.0.
    unix password sync  = Yes
    domain logons       = yes
    domain master       = true
    logon path          = \\server\%u\.windows_profile
    logon home          = \\server\%u\.windows_profile
    logon drive         = H:
    smb passwd file     = /etc/samba/smbpasswd

[netlogin]
    comment     = Network Login Service
    path        = /var/tmp/samba/netlogin
    guest ok    = Yes
    share modes = No

[homes]
    comment = Home Directories
    read only = No
    browseable = No

[printers]
	comment    = All Printers
	path       = /var/spool/samba
	print ok   = Yes
	browseable = Yes

[linux]
	comment = linux
	path = /export/h/linux
	read only = Yes
	browseable = No

</smb.conf>

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E