[wplug] relevance of C for Apps

Chris Romano romano.chris at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 08:34:47 EDT 2004

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 01:42:52 -0400, Steven A Leach <stevenaleach at mac.com> wrote:

> Given the vast amount of c code in existance (far more than any other
> langauge) and the enormous developer base, I don't see it ever becoming
> an unimportant language.  As long as portability and effeciency are
> important, we will still have c.

Is anyone familiar with Plan 9?  I thought that I read some where that
they used a different version/standand of C.  It was suppose to
address some common cencerns with C and I guess be more tailored to
how Plan 9 is structured.  Is this true or is my mind going?  If so,
how does it compare to ANSI C.

Chris