[wplug] Samba PDC not saving profiles

Jeremey Wise Jeremey.Wise at agilysys.com
Thu Oct 7 23:02:28 EDT 2004

Thoughts:

You did not state what OS was connecting to the SMB shares. Older
Versions of Windows require a Netlogon share.

*****
[netlogon]
   comment = Network Logon Service
   path = /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon
   guest ok = yes
   writable = no
   share modes = no
*****

The issue of the settings not being saved in likely a perms issue with
their profile directory. They have to be able to write temp files which
will then get updated to the "normal.doc" etc... master files for the MS
Office suite.

******
# Un-comment the following to provide a specific roving profile share
# the default is to use the user's home directory
[Profiles]
    path = /usr/local/samba/profiles
    browseable = no
    guest ok = yes
*****

I find some applications have a realy hard time with correct perms on
temp files and so have reverted to applying a file and directory
creation mask for the problematic shares.