[wplug] relevance of C for Apps

Tim Lesher tim at lesher.ws
Thu Oct 7 09:37:34 EDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 01:23:44PM -0400, J Aaron Farr wrote:
> I have to agree with Tim here.
>
> IMHO, C++ just isn't worth it.

Hrm... I hope that wasn't how my comment was taken.  I still make my
living in C++.  As I mentioned, for large projects, C++ has a couple
of features that make it easier to write shorter code to do more,
which reduces the burden on the programmer's short term memory.

The only times I drop from C++ to C on those types of projects is when
I need to write a library that needs to be used on multiple platforms
from multiple languages.  I used to have to do that a lot, but not so
much lately.

--
Tim Lesher <tim at lesher.ws>
http://www.lesher.ws