[wplug] mount: RPC: Program not registered

Deliang Shi sdliang02 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 18:42:00 EDT 2004

Thanks for the help. It worked by using your method plus modify the /etc/exports file, which was told me by John Harrold.

The system is fedora 1.

Thank you again.

Alexandros Papadopoulos <apapadop at alumni.carnegiemellon.edu> wrote:
On Thursday 30 September 2004 04:27, Deliang Shi wrote:
> I have two computers in a network connected by DSL
> router. One is called discrete(192.168.2.3),the other
> is called element(192.168.2.39).
>
> Now I want to mount /home/myhome in discrete to
> /home/dddd in element.
>
> But it said "Program not registered".
> [root at element home]# mount dddd
> mount: RPC: Program not registered

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22mount%3A+RPC%3A+Program+not+registered%22+nfs

In short - make sure nfsd (on the machine sharing its partition) and
nfs-client (on the machine trying to mount it) and portmap (on both)
are running. Use rpcinfo -p to verify that your portmapper supports
NFS.

Also, including your distribution information might be useful for future
queries.

Cheers

-A