[wplug] kde starting problem as user in suse 9.0

Dileep Vangasseri dil5516 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 2 17:21:22 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am experiencing a strange problem today on my suse
9.0 running a kde 3.1. I am not able to start my kde
as a user. When I tried to log in, it gives an attempt
to start the kde but comes back to the login window.
However, I am able to start the kde as root (I can
login and kde starts without any problems). I can also
enter the user account in the text mode or in failsafe
mode. I do not know which  log message I have to post
to the list so that the problem becomes clearer. I
thought I should post the .X-error file but I found
that t is a 0 bit file.

I am not very good in using the text mode and so it
would be highly appreciated if anyone could help me in
this regard.

WIth best regards,

Dileep