[wplug] Windows clustering using VMWare and openMosix ... (theory)

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Fri Oct 1 13:01:58 EDT 2004

	IMO - nope - I've tried to do several things with the source to
this kernel as provided by VMWare and the results were sketchy at best,
and void your support at worst.  It's too spendy in practice (eval
versions might give you a month to fool around tho) - typical cost of
VMWare ESX for a 2-way with all the bells and whistles _starts_ at aboot
$15k... you'd be better off just clustering pizza boxes....  I do not
know if they will eval the required SMP extensions...
	Just getting a NIC driver to work (Intel teaming) was quite the
adventure...

	PolyServe can provide Windoze users the clustering they need for
a much better price - and cluster the MS apps that MS can't cluster (or
is limited to 2-node failover).

	Still its' a neat idea... wish I had some time to have fun with
stuff like this again....

Don