[wplug] Windows clustering using VMWare and openMosix ... (theory)

Chris Romano romano.chris at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 11:18:59 EDT 2004

Now, I am not familiar with VMWare or openMosix but had an idea and I
want to hear everyone's idea on this.

Say you had a 4 node cluster setup using openMosix.  Could you install
VMWare with W2K as the guest OS and have a windows cluster?  I know
that with openMosix, it will only migrate processes and can not split
a process between multiple CPUs.  Would everything running under
VMWare have it's own process?  Would VMWare hold that process to a
single CPU and not let it be migrated to a different one?  If it would
work, it would be a great way to have a nice cluster for people who
are stuck with a MS product like SQL server.

Chris