[wplug] how to force ssh session to exit before all commands complete?

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Fri Nov 26 11:28:31 EST 2004

Sometime in November Alexandros Papadopoulos assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| I'm attaching the script in case it gives some insight, although I'm
| pretty sure everything will be fine if I can find a way to exit the ssh
| shell as soon after a command is launched, but before that command
| completes. The problem occurs in lines 18, 36 and 54 (once for each VPN
| endpoint).

Have you though about using 'at'. Something along the lines of 'at now +
10sec run your command', then exit. Ten seconds later it sould run the
script?

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E