[wplug] Wirelss Woes

Embery, Nathan Nathan.Embery at crowncastle.com
Mon Nov 22 08:17:10 EST 2004

It was probably written with a specific kernel version in mind. If your
kernel is off even by a .x release, its very probable it won't work.
However, the fact that they have one at all is good news.

This happens to me all the time, with the solution usually being to read the
readme file to see what kernel they expect, and compile it yourself. There
is a huge lag between newer distros (with their newer kernels) and what is
supported by third parties.

I have to run 2.6.5 on my slackware 10 laptop at home for the cisco vpn
client, although s10 comes with 2.6.7

Nate