[wplug] nic fails with smp kernel fedora core 3

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Mon Nov 15 14:45:50 EST 2004

Howdy,

I sent an email a while back about a nic that worked during the
installation of fedora core 3 but failed after it rebooted. Well I've had
some time to work on it for a bit and I've narrowed it down to the smp
kernel. I've seen this mentioned on lists, but I haven't found any
solutions. From what i've read I think it might be a 2.6 thing and not
really Fedora specific. I've expirenced it with a 3com card and an intel
eepro 100.

I was wondering if there was anyone else out there
with similar problems.

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E