[wplug] install fest

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Fri Nov 12 19:26:56 EST 2004

Hello,

Yes there will be an installfest tomorrow. CMU Newel-Simon Hall
room 1507 10am-5pm. This meeting is free and open to the general public.

Sorry, you will not be able to use wireless unless you have a CMU-Andrew
account.

There will, however, be wired ethernet.

Dell laptops have been known to set all of the irqs to 11. Linux does not
like this so you may want to see if there's a way to change this in the
bios.

Not all winmodems are created equal. http://linmodems.org is a good
resource that document what works and what does not.

You are in luck. I happen to have all 8 isos for debian-30r2 but I will
not be able to burn the disks until tomorrow morning. If you like, you
may donate toward media replentishment.

1507 has several power outlets. WPLUG owns a limited amount of surge
protectors. Please bring your own surge protector if possible.

Hope to see you tomorrow.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn