[wplug] Linux position

Drew from Zhrodague drewzhrodague at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 11 09:56:03 EST 2004

> > ***If you are interested in learning more please attach a Word
> > version of your resume before you call
>
> O, the irony.

> -A

Go figure. Usually this is the way with recruiters, even those hiring for
exclusively UNIX people. Explaining this to recruiters or HR people is a
fruitless attempt, and they will usually write you off if you say anything
about it -- Word is all they know!

The exception is when you have to cut-and-paste dates, company names, and
other things into little webform blackholes, but sometimes they want a Word
resume attached anyway. No, it makes no sense!

On a related note, I've kept my jobsearch notes online, and track recruiters
and recruiterspam on one of the websites I've created --
http://recruiter-rater.zhrodague.net, find and rate technical recruiters.