[wplug] mail autoresponders (vacation messages)

Jonathan S Billings billings at negate.org
Thu Nov 11 11:27:21 EST 2004

duncanhutty at comcast.net wrote:
> I would like to ask how wplug mail administrators allow their users to send autoresponse messages to incoming email while they are away, preferably allowing them an easy way to forward to another address as well.
>
> I am interested in all your approaches, but most particularly if they are suitable for use with postfix and for users who are less than tech-savvy.
>
> Duncan Hutty.

Since our users deliver their mail into a Cyrus IMAPd imap server, the
users can configure "Sieve" scripts to run on the imap server when mail
arrives.  One of the functionalities of Sieve is to have a vacation
message sent.  I don't think it does anything intelligent, so mail loops
can occur.

Of course, this doesn't solve the problem with postfix, but postfix is
the MTA, it can deliver into Cyrus mailboxes.

--
Jonathan S. Billings <billings at negate.org>