[wplug] mail autoresponders (vacation messages)

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Thu Nov 11 11:26:06 EST 2004

Hello,

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong here...

The mailing lists are controlled by mailman.
email address in the "Unsubscribe or edit options" the next page will
prompt you for a password. Then you can login and many options are
available to you

We do not have an option for forwarding. The closest thing we have is the
ability to turn off mail delivery. A user may disable the delivery for a
time until that user re-enables delivery. (this is the part that I'm not
100% sure of) The mail is not queued for that user's return. The user
loses the mail that was sent during the hiatus and mail begins from the
time the re-enable request is submitted. During the hiatus, the user
may resubscribe with an alternative email address.

Another option of note is the digest delivery. Instead of each mail sent
right away, some users opt for a collection of posts to be combined into
one message. This results in less mail in the inbox without losing any
content.

Of course anyone may lurk on the http archives of the list
http://www.wplug.org/pipermail/wplug/

I hope that answers your questions about wplug's mailing lists.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn Eicher