[wplug] OT: looking for IT professionals (et al)

Tim Lesher tim at lesher.ws
Wed Nov 10 15:47:00 EST 2004

[Apologies if this isn't appropriate for wplug... and honestly, Henry, I
don't mean to steal your thunder--I had this email half-composed before
I received yours...]

I'm (now) a programmer for a Vocollect, a company in Penn Hills.  We
make voice-controlled, headless wearable computers.  Because there are
so many positions open here right now, they're having a "Technology
Professionals Job Fair" on Thursday, November 18th, 2004, from 4 to 8
PM, at the Vocollect main building (near Penn Hills).  From the job fair
flyer, these are the tech areas we're especially looking at:

o speech recognition
o speech synthesis
o personal area networks (aka Bluetooth)
o mesh networks
o RFID
o embedded control
o mobile computing
o test automation
o wireless security
o Linux (i.e., app-level programming, I think)
o J2EE
o Robotic interfaces (?!)
o Micro-electrical-mechanical systems (MEMS) sensors and transducers
o Alternative power sources (ie for portable devices)

But we're hiring everything from factory sys admins, to programmers, to
managers, to factory-floor assemblers and customer support folks.

More Job Fair Info:
http://www.vocollect.com/us/company/jobfair.php

Current open positions:
http://www.recruitforce.com/NA4/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=VOCOLLECT&cws=1

If anyone who wants more info about Voco and what it's like to work
here, just drop me an email.

--
Tim Lesher
tim at lesher.ws