[wplug] /etc/aliases

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Thu Nov 4 15:08:29 EST 2004

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, John Harrold wrote:

> Ok nevermind. I found the man page:
>
>  Include File
>         :include: /path/name
>
>         The aliases in pathname are added to the aliases for name.
>
> I think I tried 'man alias' before. I feel silly now.

Actually, I don't think that's what you want. That includes a list of
email addresses for a name. For example you could have

root: :include:/path/people-to-get-rootmail.txt

What I've done in the past is define a second file for mailman/majordomo
aliases. I don't have time to find the proper sendmail.mc syntax, but
having something like this in sendmail.cf should work.

O AliasFile=/etc/aliases
O AliasFile=/etc/aliases.mailman

-james