[wplug] of netgear WGR614 stops working

Burt E Reany breany at csc.com
Tue Nov 2 12:50:05 EST 2004

Darius;

  Since management sometimes takes a dim view of internal support of
external groups, (especially about topics that they feel guilty about), I
would like to mention that, as an Armstrong customer, I personally
appreciate your contributing this to the group. Instead of making me feel
that there's something wrong in the Armstrong world, it produces the
"Miracle on 34th street" perception that Armstrong is proactive and
supportive of a professional clientele - which we WPLUG people definitely
are. (We have enough trouble without vendors withholding info that effects
our environment).

Harass me if a pointy-haired boss invades your cube accusing you of mopery,
dopery, barratry or other high crimes and misdemeanors to the company - you
will get more than one response from the group's members supporting your
constructive actions to boost the company's image.

Thanks again;

Burt Reany
Solaris/network engineer
CSC Corp
Letterkenny Army depot
Chambersburg, Pa.

for such purpose.

                      "Eicher, Scott"
                      <scott.eicher             To:      "Darius Cardren" <dariuscardren at gmail.com>,
                      @sanchez.com>             "General user list" <wplug at wplug.org>
                      Sent by:                  cc:
                      wplug-bounces+bre         Subject: RE: [wplug] ot netgear WGR614 stops working
                      any=csc.com

                      11/02/2004 12:14
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      General user list

I've had this problem with the WGR614. I have a dynamic IP and
Armstrong. I spent a couple weeks playing around with different settings
from posts I found while googling. Nothing seemed to work. I would keep
losing connection sporadically. It would happen frequently when using a
BitTorrent client, Azureus. Then about a week ago, after giving up on
getting it to stay up, the connection drops stopped and I've been fine
ever since, I haven't lost connection.

When I would lose connection I was able to go into Connection Status in
the gui and re-establish the connection to get things working again. I
didn't have to reboot the router.