[wplug] lcd problems in xwindows

terry mcintyre terrymcintyre at yahoo.com
Mon May 31 10:22:07 EDT 2004

does the video cable run near a power cable?

what is the video refresh rate?

are there any transformers or such near the video
cable or display? Does it make any difference if
you rearrange cables, etc?

it may sound dumb, but I always disconect and
reseat cables.

If I recall correctly, this is a problem
with not just one system, but several? Have
the manufacturers of the LCDs any advice
to offer?

--- John Harrold <jmh17 at pitt.edu> wrote:
> Sometime in May Bryon Gill assaulted the keyboard
> and produced:
>
> | Another thing to try - do you continue to have the
> problem when you switch
> | resolutions?  Perhaps you've got one faulty
> modeline.
>
> Yeah the problem is still there when I switch
> resolutions (ctrl:alt:+/-)
>
> --

>                             | /"\
>
>  john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon
> campaign
>  jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
>
>  the most useful idiot      | / \

>  What difference does it make to the dead, the
> orphans,
>  and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is
> brought
>  under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name
> of
>  liberty and democracy?
>  --Gandhi

>   gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key
> F65A739E

=====
Terry McIntyre
UNIX for hire
software development / systems administration / security

(412)334-1006
terrymcintyre at yahoo.com