[wplug] Linux Client Image Advice

Ritchie, Lauren Lauren.Ritchie at agy.com
Wed May 26 16:26:13 EDT 2004

Hi, i am an intern this summer at a company  in Huntingdon Pa, and i am
working with linux. I have to work with old pc's, that are still usuable
just old, so we are putting linux on them, most likely redhat enterprise ES.
My job is to find the best:

email client (one like outlook, only for linux)
be configured to accept network IPs, gateways, etc
access to local shared drives
have a browser to be able to run browser based applications (i.e. 11i)
have backup process for data files and
automated process to install image onto an old PC

what do you suggest for each of the categories?

I am thinking for the email client either evolution or mozilla's
thunderbird, and for the browsing either mozilla's firebird or firefox, and
as for backup i have looked into tar, but thats about

HELP! As i stated before, i have not really worked with linux much so any
advice would be great! Thank you!

The information contained in this message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the information without retaining any copies. Thank You