[wplug] Re: Procmail Problem

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Wed May 19 21:35:52 EDT 2004

The solution is perplexing.  I had the following lines in my .procmailrc
file:

HOME=/home/$LOGNAME
MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR

which caused the problem.

When I reread the documentation, I noticed that MAILDIR is different from
DEFAULT, and my new procmail file looks like:

HOME=/home/$LOGNAME
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
DEFAULT=/var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME

What's perplexing is, $DEFAULT is still the same in both cases, yet the
former case didn't work and the latter case did.

Anyway, hey, it seems to work.  Now to try the spam filtering bit.

-Brandon