[wplug] Hello: New to the list - suse 9 on sony pcg frv26

Dileep Vangasseri dil5516 at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 10:31:17 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am new to this list. Came to Pittsburgh recently :-)

I am trying to make my linux functional in my laptop, sony pcg frv 26. I tried redhat 9 first. Though I could make it work, I was not quite happy with its performance. So recently I shifted to Suse 9. The installation was cool. Suse detected most of the hardware without any problems. I am quite happy about it. However, I am not getting 3D acceleration for my AGP card (ATI radeon IGP 345 M 64 MB). Has anyone succeeded in getting the 3D acceleration for this card?

Ethernet is working perfect in my machine. However, when I try to dial up from my home (through university pitt id using KPPP) I get a message that "modem is busy". Can anyone help me to figure out what is happening?

Thanking you,

With best regards,

Dileep