[wplug] Re: Mandrake and routing

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Tue May 11 07:24:11 EDT 2004

Vance Kochenderfer wrote:
> Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:
>
>> Now, I couldn't figure out a way to configure Mandrake to just do
>
>  > this correctly, so I decided to brute-force it and I added the
>  > previous two commands to a script in /etc/rc3.d/Z99routefix
>
> You're probably a bit confused by the SysV-style init scripts.  I
> know I was when I moved from Slackware to Mandrake.  Jeff's
> suggested solution is probably the best in this case, but if you
> want to learn more about SysV init generally, see the following:
> <http://ldp.wplug.org/HOWTO/From-PowerUp-To-Bash-Prompt-HOWTO-6.html>
> <http://doc.mandrakelinux.com/MandrakeLinux/92/en/Command-Line.html/sysv-levels.html>

Thanks, Vance.  I didn't realize that the first character in the link name
was significant.  I assume that he 'Z' was causing the script to be ignored.

I've renamed it to S99routefix ... I'm going to try to find a time for the
client to manually reboot the machine to see if everything works.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies