[wplug] SuSE Download Location

Christopher Galik chris at cardiactelecom.com
Fri May 7 09:57:12 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 09:04, Wise, Jeremey wrote:
> their have this setup? I actually did a load of SuSE 9.0 from this site
> so I know it will use it as a source but I stopped working as soon as I
> reboot the installer.
>
> Tried: ->Yast2 ->Change Source of Install -> Add -> ftp ->
> Servername=ftp://mirror.mcs.anl.gov
> Directory on Server=/pub/suse/
> Usernam=anonymous
> Password= wisej at pios.com

Now, I'm not  using SuSE anymore so I can't double check my settings,
but check the yast log.  I usually don't have trouble with mirror.mcs
being full, but I know when I was using carroll (PSU) I would always
have problems with the server being full during peak times.  However, if
you are on a .edu domain, you may wish to try carroll.cac.psu.edu for
your server and /pub/linux/distributions/suse as your path.  It will
almost always allow a .edu to connect and it probably goes through
Internet2 so it'll be quite fast.  But check your yast log to see what
if any error yast is spitting out for not being able to use mirror.mcs
as your install source.

--
 Christopher Galik, A+CSP <chris at cardiactelecom.com>
 Cardiac Telecom Corporation -- 800.355.2594 x144