[wplug] mozstart

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Wed May 5 15:12:05 EDT 2004

> > 1) when typing 'mozstart file_in_current_dir.htm' I get the error "Failed
> > to Send Command" and then behavior as if I hadn't used mozstart (i.e. asks
> > for me to select a profile).  'mozstart /full/path/to/file.html' also
> > fails.  'mozstart' on its own works fine.  So does 'mozstart
> > valid.url.com'
>
> I don't seem to have mozstart, so I can't test this myself, but have you
> tried mozstart file://file_in_current_dir.htm ?

That works, but only for 'mozstart file:///full/path/to/file.html'  Is
there a unix utility or commonly available script that takes a file (with
a relative path, perhaps) and returns its absolute path?  It seems
logical.  With it I can easily modify mozstart to work properly.

The problem is, I would want the script to work correctly when either an
absolute OR a relative path were included -- so I can't just prepend `pwd`
because then I might end up with

file:///full/path/to//full/path/to/file.html

or file:///full/path/to/../../relative/path/to/file.html

The latter one still works (though is ugly); the former does not.

Out of curiosity, how do you solve the 'default profile' problem when
starting up a new instance of Mozilla?  I guess all 'mozstart' does,
pretty much, is call mozilla with the -remote option.

-Brandon