[wplug] SuSE PATH

Wise, Jeremey jeremey.wise at agilysys.com
Wed May 5 12:55:38 EDT 2004

I installed Mozilla on SuSE 9.0 and for some reason it does not have the
PATH available for my user in a shell (though it works in X). I thought
you could add path entries in /etc/profile for the whole system.

Ex:

vi /etc/profile

...snip...
# Make path more comfortable
#
if test -z "$PROFILEREAD" ; then
    PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/bin:/usr/local/mozilla
    for dir in $HOME/bin/$CPU $HOME/bin ; do
        test -d $dir && PATH=$dir:$PATH
    done
    test "$UID" = 0 && PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:$PATH
    for dir in  /var/lib/dosemu \
                /usr/games \
                /opt/bin \
                /opt/gnome/bin \
                /opt/kde3/bin \
                /opt/kde2/bin \
                /opt/kde/bin \
                /usr/openwin/bin \
                /opt/cross/bin
    do
        test -d $dir && PATH=$PATH:$dir
    done
    unset dir
    export PATH
fi

Where I would just apend "/usr/local/mozilla \" at the end of the list.
It does not work. I have tried to poke around in ~/ with no luck.

Question:
1) What is the proper way to add a new path?

2) Where is the path held or parsed that X uses?

--
Call if you have any questions.

Jeremey Wise
Jeremey.Wise at Agilysys.com