[wplug] mozstart

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Wed May 5 00:47:38 EDT 2004

Using Redhat 9.0, Mozilla Firefox, with the packaged 'mozstart' wrapper
script to take care of 'User Profile already in use' type problems.
There are two problems:

1) when typing 'mozstart file_in_current_dir.htm' I get the error "Failed
to Send Command" and then behavior as if I hadn't used mozstart (i.e. asks
for me to select a profile).  'mozstart /full/path/to/file.html' also
fails.  'mozstart' on its own works fine.  So does 'mozstart
valid.url.com'

2) Some of redhat's builtin help windows and documentation insist on
opening in regular-old 'mozilla' which is slower and out of date, even
though all my file-type settings specify to run 'mozstart'.  All the ones
I'm aware of, anyway.

Anyone had these kinds of problems and/or know how to fix them?

-Brandon