[wplug] [wplug-announce] Installfest Sat May 8 10am-5pm Newell Simon Hall 1507

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Tue May 4 19:44:59 EDT 2004

Hello,

We will be holding the next WPLUG installfest this Saturday May 8.
The meeting will take place in Carnegie Mellon University's Newell Simon
Hall, room 1507 and will run from 10am until 5pm.  Show up earlier
rather than later to ensure that you can get help. If you need help
finding the place or need someone to open the door call 412 268 7564
or 8-7564 on a campus phone between 10am-5pm and someone will help you.
If you've never been here before, please print out the map
http://www.wplug.org/pages/wplugmap/

Installfests, as well as all WPLUG meetings, are open to the general
public. If you just want to see what Linux is about or you've been
a Linux guru for years, the WPLUG installfest is for you.

For those who don't know, the purpose of an installfest is to facilitate
new installations of Linux as well as troubleshoot, upgrade, or generally
provide help with an existing installations.  If you just want to just
show off your new hardware or some software goodies, that's cool too. So
bring your machine and have some fun!

As well as your machine, you will want to bring your monitor, network
cables, power cables, surge protector, mouse, keyboard, media, etc. Don't
worry, there will be a cart on hand to haul all of your stuff in.

We have dozens of distros on hand for you to choose from however if you
wish to request something specific, please join the general list
(http://www.wplug.org/lists/) and send mail to wplug.at.wplug.dot.org
and tell us what you are looking for.

Installfests of course also need volunteers to help with the installs
and generally be available for questions.  So even if you don't feel like
bringing your own machine, come and help others out!

Pizza lunch will be served around noon for a donation of $5.
Don't make me stand up on a chair this time! PEEET-ZA!

Hope to see you there!

Beth Lynn