[wplug] Easy newbish question..

Alexandros Papadopoulos apapadop at cmu.edu
Tue May 4 17:15:25 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 04 May 2004 22:10, Frank W. Holden Jr. wrote:
> Hi Mike. I may be having a brainfart here too, but I have had the
> same problem at times. I then took the M$ approach and rebooted the
> machine. Not nice sometimes when you are in the middle of things that
> ARE important. :) This happens especially when the libs are not put
> into /usr/lib or put into a sub directory. I then have to edit
> /etc/ld.so.conf to kind of nudge it in the right direction. Then run
> 'ld' (sans the ticks) to manually make the /etc/ld.so.cache file
> update itself on where the heck these libs are living...

To make a library known to the system, its path has to be
in /etc/ld.so.conf

So, edit that to include all your libs paths (e.g. /usr/lib/), and then
run
# ldconfig (as root)

No need to reboot.

Having said that, I doubt that this will solve the RPM dependency
problems. --nodeps and --force should do the trick.

-A