[wplug] Easy newbish question..

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Tue May 4 11:23:54 EDT 2004

wplug-bounces+don.vanco=agilysys.com at wplug.org wrote:
> When you query the rpm database, does it have the libtcl* &
> libtk* packages listed? The message may be decieving as rpm
> may actually be looking for a package rather than the actual library.

I think that you can get that with a package query...
e.g. -
(options abbreviated below are --query --requires --package)
[root at vmora tmp]# rpm -q -R -p ./blackbox-0.65.0-fr4.i386.rpm
warning: ./blackbox-0.65.0-fr4.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
e42d547b
/bin/sh
XFree86
libICE.so.6
libSM.so.6
libX11.so.6
libXext.so.6
libc.so.6
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)
libgcc_s.so.1
libgcc_s.so.1(GCC_3.0)
libm.so.6
libstdc++
libstdc++.so.5
libstdc++.so.5(CXXABI_1.2)
libstdc++.so.5(GLIBCPP_3.2)
libstdc++.so.5(GLIBCPP_3.2.2)
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1

...as far as how it actually "looks" for .so's I'm not sure - en entry
into /etc/ld.so.conf might serve to satisfy this - but I would not know
without trying it....

re: force -vs- nodeps
	- nodeps will simply overlook any dependency failures, force
will overwrite any existing package info (read: files) - I cannot be
sure but this _may_ include existing conf files (as opposed to backing
them up nicely) - IMHO force is pretty dramatic and is a great way to
break an app if not used with extreme caution.  I'm not positive as I
have not read up on RPM in eons - but I felt it worth mentioning...

Don